Finding a roofer to assist you with your home or business can be complicated. Before you pick up the phone and hire the first person on Google, you should do the following to make sure you are choosing the right business for your needs:
- Do Your Research – Roofers are a dime a dozen, so you should spend some time to see what makes one roofer better than the other. Spend some time reading Yelp and other review sites to see what people think about roofers in your area. Furthermore, you can click past the first page of Google results to see if there are other options out there.
- Set Up a Consultation – Before you decide to hire a roofer, you should set up a meeting or consultation to discuss your potential project. A dedicated roofer will take the time to meet up with you, answer questions, and provide you with an estimate. If the roofer refuses to meet you, then keep searching.
- Always Request a Contract – When you have a contract, you can lay out essential details like timelines, prices, warranties, and any other specific info relevant to your project. You should never work with a roofer that refuses to give you a contract.
Find talented roofers in Ormond Beach, FL, as well as the surrounding areas, when you call the team at G & W Roofing at (386) 427-2798. We are always happy to provide you with a free estimate for the work you need to have performed.
When you own a home or business, you should always be paying attention to your property to ensure that it is in good shape. Your roof is one of the many spots you have inspected regularly. Our team has put together three reasons why you may need to invest in roof repair services:
- Old Roofing – Do you know how old your roof is? If it has been more than 20 years since someone worked on your roof, then it is likely that you may need some repairs or general maintenance. You can call a member of our team and ask them to check out your roof for any issues.
- Sunshine in the Crawlspace – When you start to notice small bits of sun shining through your roof, you need to contact a roofer to help you with the issue. They will be able to repair these small holes, as well as repair any damage around the holes.
- Missing Shingles – If you own a property with a shingle roof, you should inspect it to see if any shingles are missing. Missing shingles could cause additional damage to your home when bad storms happen.
The crew at G & W Roofing is available to assist you with your property today. You can call us when you are looking for roofers in Edgewater, FL, as well as surrounding areas like Ormond Beach, Daytona, Holy Hill, and Port Orange.
Have you started looking into selling your home? If so, you know that there are a lot of things you need to do to your home before you sell it to ensure that everything is in good shape. If your home needs roofing repairs, then you may need to consider putting your property on the market “as is.” Before you make this decision, you should reconsider it.
Attempting to sell a home with a damaged roof is hard for any seller. One of the most significant issues with this problem is that you will not be able to ask for as much money as you could with a home that has a working roof. Another issue is that these homes tend to attract buyers who are only interested in flipping property. These buyers will often make an offer that is way lower than your already low asking price. In addition to all of these issues, potential buyers may have trouble securing the necessary financing to purchase your house. Most lenders require that issues like roof repairs be handled before closing.
Make sure your roof is in great shape before you sell your home when you contact the team at G & W Roofing and Sheet Metal Inc. Our roofing contractors in Daytona Beach are available to provide you with both repair and installation services.
Do you want to learn more about your roof? Take a look at this list of common roofing terms you may not be familiar with:
- Drip Edge – This is an L-shaped strip made of metal that is installed along the edge of a roof that ensures water will run off of it appropriately.
- Fire Rating – Fire rating is a system that is used to classify the fire resistant of roofing material. A class material is the highest rated. The other ratings are B, C, and unrated.
- Rafters – This term is used to refer to the supporting frame of your roof. Your roof deck is attached to the rafters.
- Truss – The truss is the part of your roof that supplements the rafters in your home or business. These parts of the roofing are explicitly designed for your roofing and should not be removed or changed.
- Valley – This is the angle that is formed when two sloped roof surfaces intersect.
Learn more about your roofing from a specialist at G & W Roofing and Sheet Metal Inc. When you need a roofer in Daytona Beach, as well as many other surrounding Central Florida cities, we are the crew to contact.
It does not matter how tough you think your roof is – it can be damaged with incredible ease. We have put together a list of three common causes of roof damage:
- Pests – Whether you have rodents in your crawlspace or termites in your walls, there are a wide array of pests who will cause damage to your home. They can chew holes in the roof, make cracks in the roofing material, and cause structural damage that can ruin your home or business.
- Age – Do you know how old your roof is? Most shingle roofs only last for about 25 years. It is crucial that you stay up to date on this information and make sure you perform regular maintenance on your roof to keep it in good shape.
- Inclement Weather – Thunderstorms, hurricanes, and other severe weather can cause a lot of damage to your roof. The winds may rip shingles off your roof or cause debris like tree limbs to crash into your building. If you think you have any problems with your property, you should consult a specialist to ensure that your roof will be able to withstand any weather.
Update the roof on your home or business today with help from G & W Roofing and Sheet Metal Inc. We provide new roofing in Daytona Beach, FL, as well as many other Central Florida locations.
Count on the team at G & W Roofing and Sheet Metal Inc. when you are seeking residential or commercial roofing services in Central Florida. Whether you need roofers in New Smyrna Beach, FL, or are interested in having someone come out to your location in Melbourne, our staff is here to help you. For more than three decades, Central Florida home and business owners have turned to us when they need new roof installations and repairs.
It does not matter if you need help with the roof at your home or business, our specialists can handle both styles of roofing. We are available to fabricate a new metal roof for your property, install fiberglass shingles, and replace rotted wood. Furthermore, our crew will install skylights and attic insulation. All you have to do is let us know what services you need, and we will get working for you.
Call us today at (386) 427-2798 for more information about our services and to request a free estimate. For your convenience, our offices are open Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. You can also schedule an appointment online to have a member of our staff meet you at your location. We look forward to helping you with your roof issues.