Hurricane season may seem like it’s far off – but it is only a mere three months away. Making sure your property is prepared for this season starts with a call to our roofers in Ormond Beach, FL, at G & W Roofing and Sheet Metal Inc. Here are three ways you can prepare your home for the season:
- Do Your Repairs and Upgrades Now – Have you been avoiding a repair or replacement? When you have someone come out now, you will not have to worry about it in the future. A member of our team will be able to fit you in as soon as possible to take care of your issues.
- Inspect Your Roof Before the Season Starts – Requesting a roof inspection is a wise plan for any home or business owner. By having it inspected before the season starts, you will know about any potential issues. If there is nothing to worry about you can rest assured you are prepared for the season.
- Clean Your Roof – Leaves and other debris on your roof can cause issues when it rains during a hurricane. Take some time to remove anything that has been sitting on your roof for months.
Count on the roofers at our business to help you all year long. Our company offers residential and commercial services, working on flat, metal, shingle, and gravel roofs.
Are you unsure if you should repair or replace your roof? The team at G & W Roofing and Sheet Metal Inc. can assist you with your property. Here are a few situations you may be facing:
- Spreading Damage – If you have been noticing an issue has only gotten worse, such as missing or damaged shingles, you should most likely replace your roof. This problem could be a sign that your roof is no longer doing its job. It is only a matter of time before you will need to replace it.
- Roof Age – When was the last time you replaced your roof? If it is only a few years old, then you can have it repaired. Roofing that is more than two decades old may need to be replaced. The decision hinges on the style of roof on your house or building.
- Selling Your Property – People who are buying a new home are going to pay attention to the age of the roof. Many will want you to replace it before they even buy it. If you want to get the highest possible return on your investment, you should replace your roof.
The team at our roofing company in Edgewater, FL, is available to help you decide if you should repair or replace your roof. You can request that a member of our team come to your location and provide you with an idea regarding the services you need for your property.
Are you concerned about your roof leaking? Our team has put together some valuable information that you should know about locating and preventing leaks:
- Watch Your Chimney, Skylights, and Vents – When roofs leak, they tend to leak around one of these areas. The next time it is raining, you should take a look at these areas to ensure that the rain is flowing around it. If not, you may need to have these spots flashed or resealed.
- Take Care of Your Gutters – Having quality gutters installed in your home is essential, as they protect your foundation and direct water away from the roof. When your gutters are clogged, water will start to pool on your roof, which may lead to leaks. A specialist will be able to tell you if your gutters are working properly.
- Look for Algae and Mold – Many Florida homeowners have to deal with algae and mold on their roof. These spots tend to leak. Keep your eye out for discoloration on your roofing.
Whether you have a small leak or need help with an extensive repair, the roofers in New Smyrna Beach, FL, at G & W Roofing and Sheet Metal Inc. can help you. Our business is proud to offer residential and commercial services throughout the community, including Edgewater, Holly Hill, Palm Coast, and Daytona.
Many homeowners know about shingle roofing, but did you know there are different kinds of shingles? Our business is proud to offer two selections for your home – architectural and three-tab shingles. There are benefits to both of these styles of shingles.
Architectural shingles are the most common shingles used for Florida homes. These options are made from asphalt and are installed in non-conforming shingle tab layers. These selections are known for holding up in the wind and having a long lifespan. Many people like this option because many homeowners’ insurance policies will give you a discount for installing these shingles on your home.
Our business also offers three-tab style shingles that are installed in a single layer on your home. This option is ideal for people who are on a budget, as they cost less than architectural shingles. That said, it is important to note that you will have to replace a roof with this style of shingles sooner than an architectural shingle roof.
Count on the specialists at G & W Roofing and Sheet Metal Inc. to help you make the right choice for your budget. Our roofing contractors in Daytona Beach are happy to come to your home and provide you with an estimate for our services.